Who must register?

Any mortgagee who holds a mortgage on real property located within the City shall perform an inspection of the property that is the security for the mortgage, upon default by the mortgagor, prior to the issuance of a Notice of Default.

Back to the top

When must real property be registered?

If the property is found to be vacant or shows evidence of vacancy, it shall be deemed abandoned.  If the property is found to be vacant or shows evidence of vacancy, it shall be deemed abandoned and the mortgagee shall, within ten (10) days of the inspection, register the property with the Director of Sustainable Development (954-973-6756), or his or her designee, on forms provided by the City.

Back to the top

Why must I register?

This program is a mechanism to protect residential neighborhoods from becoming blighted through the lack of adequate maintenance and security of abandoned properties.

Back to the top

How do I register?

Option 1:

By providing required information on-line and submitting payment on-line with a credit card.

Option 2:

By printing and completing the ARP registration form, and then mailing it with a check to:
City of Coconut Creek
Sustainable Development
4800 West Copans Road
Coconut Creek, FL  33063

Back to the top

What is the cost?

A fee in the amount of $150.00, per property, shall accompany the registration form(s).

Back to the top

How often must I register?

An annual registration form and fee is required for each vacant property.

Back to the top

Who can I call for further information?

Contact the City of Coconut Creek's Code Compliance Division at 954-956-1462.

Back to the top


Your opinion matters. Take new website survey here.


Discover Coconut Creek

The City of Coconut Creek, Florida is a thriving and well planned community.

Watch Video